I am delighted to announce that Perfect Price has won the runner-up Phocuswright Award for Travel Innovation at its recent flagship conference in Los Angeles. Phocuswright is among the most internationally-respected sources for research and analysis in the travel, tourism, and hospitality industries; its flagship event is now in its 25th year and attracts thousands of senior executives from around the world, all of whom are there to learn about the latest trends in travel technology.
Selected from a pool of dozens, Perfect Price was among a handful innovative startups to present at the conference and was selected as a winner by a panel of industry expert judges (nicknamed "dragons") including, among others:
- Tom Botts, Chief Commercial Officer of UpLift
- Erik Blachford, Venture Partner at Technology Crossover Ventures
- Todd Henrich, Head of Corporate Development at Booking Holdings
- Jim Hornthal, Managing Partner at Hornthal Investment Partners as well as Cofounder and Chairman of Zignal Labs, LaunchPad Central, M34 Capital, and Triporati
- Regi Vengalil, Head of Corporate Development at Expedia
I want to thank the panel of "dragons" not only for choosing Perfect Price but also for their insightful questions and candor, which we hope will help shed light on the power and promise of dynamic pricing. We are particularly excited about this achievement because it again shows conclusively that the traditional way of doing pricing is no longer sufficient in the digital economy—and that AI-powered dynamic pricing is the next logical step forward for travel brands.
Below is our winning presentation, followed by a short Q&A. I encourage you to watch, share, and let us know your thoughts by dropping us a note here.